Alvin Ho: Allergic to Birthday Parties, Science Projects, and Other Man-made Catastrophes (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 3 in the Alvin Ho series.
- #1: Alvin Ho: Allergic to Girls, School, and Other Scary Things (Paperback): $6.99
- #2: Alvin Ho: Allergic to Camping, Hiking, and Other Natural Disasters (Paperback): $6.99
- #4: Alvin Ho: Allergic to Dead Bodies, Funerals, and Other Fatal Circumstances (Paperback): $6.99
- #5: Alvin Ho: Allergic to Babies, Burglars, and Other Bumps in the Night (Paperback): $6.99
- #6: Alvin Ho: Allergic to the Great Wall, the Forbidden Palace, and Other Tourist Attractions (Paperback): $6.99
There's nothing scarier than a birthday party in the third book in a hilarious chapter book series that tackles anxiety in a fun, kid-friendly way. Perfect for both beginning and reluctant readers, and fans of Diary of a Wimpy Kid!
Alvin Ho, an Asian American second grader, is afraid of everything. For example, what could possibly be so scary about a birthday party? Let Alvin explain:
• You might be dressed for bowling . . . but everyone else is dressed for swimming.
• You could get mistaken for the piñata.
• You could eat too much cake.
• You could throw up.
So when Alvin receives an invitation to a party—a girl’s party—how will he ever survive?
A humorous and touching series about facing your fears and embracing new experiences—with a truly unforgettable character—from author Lenore Look and New York Times bestselling and Caldecott Honor winning illustrator LeUyen Pham.
“Alvin’s a winner.” —New York Post
About the Author
Lenore Look is the author of the popular Alvin Ho series, as well as the Ruby Lu series. She has also written several acclaimed picture books, including Henry’s First-Moon Birthday, Uncle Peter’s Amazing Chinese Wedding, and Brush of the Gods. Lenore lives in Hoboken, New Jersey.
LeUyen Pham is the award-winning and critically acclaimed illustrator of more than one hundred books for children. Her picture books include Bear Came Along by Richard T. Morris, named a Caldecott Honor Book, as well as Grace for President by Kelly DiPucchio and the Vampirina Ballerina series by Anne Marie Pace. She is also the illustrator of Princess in Black, the New York Times-bestselling middle grade series by Shannon and Dean Hale, and the co-creator, along with Shannon Hale, of the New York Times-bestselling graphic memoirs Real Friends and Best Friends. Her most recent author-illustrator book, Outside, Inside, is a recollection of our year in lockdown.
“A witty glossary and Pham’s simple yet expressive line drawings perfectly complement this appealing story about the refreshingly original, endearing Alvin.”
—Kirkus Reviews, starred review
"Look's . . . intuitive grasp of children's emotions is rivaled only by her flair for comic exaggeration."
—Publishers Weekly, starred review
“Shares with Diary of a Wimpy Kid the humor that stems from trying to manipulate the world.”