Helen's Big World: The Life of Helen Keller (A Big Words Book #4) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the A Big Words Book series.
- #1: Martin's Big Words: The Life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. (A Big Words Book #1) (Paperback): $7.99
- #3: Jack's Path of Courage: The Life of John F. Kennedy (A Big Words Book #3) (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #5: Abe's Honest Words: The Life of Abraham Lincoln (A Big Words Book #5) (Hardcover): $16.99
- #6: John's Secret Dreams: The Life of John Lennon (A Big Words Book #6) (Paperback): Email or call for price.
- #7: To Dare Mighty Things: The Life of Theodore Roosevelt (A Big Words Book #7) (Paperback): Email or call for price.
- #8: Frederick's Journey: The Life of Frederick Douglass (A Big Words Book #8) (Hardcover): $17.99
- #10: Walt's Imagination: The Life of Walt Disney (A Big Words Book #10) (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
This picturebook biography is an excellent and accessible introduction for young readers to learn about one of the world's most influential luminaries. With her signature style of prose laced with stirring quotes, Doreen Rappaport brings to life Helen Keller's poignant narrative. Acclaimed illustrator Matt Tavares beautifully captures the dynamism and verve of Helen Keller's life and legacy, making Helen's Big World an unforgettable portrait of a woman whose vision for innovation and progress changed America-and the world-forever.
About the Author
Doreen Rappaport (www.doreenrappaport.com) has written numerous award-winning books for children, including: Freedom Ship and The School Is Not White, both illustrated by Curtis James; Martin's Big Words: The Life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., illustrated by Bryan Collier, a Caldecott Honor Book, Coretta Scott King Honor Book, Orbis Pictus Honor Book, and a Jane Addams Children's Book Award winner; Abe's Honest Words: The Life of Abraham Lincoln, illustrated by Kadir Nelson, CCBC Best Book of the Year, and an IRA Teacher's Choice; Eleanor, Quiet No More, illustrated by Gary Kelly; and Jack's Path of Courage, illustrated by Matt Tavares. She lives and writes in upstate New York.